SSTC-Will This Work?

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi all,

	I threw my SSTC drive circuit together without any real knowledge of
the way it SHOULD work.  The schematic is:

www.hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/SSTC_circuit_1.jpg

	Will this work?  I've omitted the schottky diode, and the transistors
shown are supposed to be MOSFETs, not bi-polars.  Signal 1 is simply a
pulse, variable in both width and frequency, and signal 2 is the same
pulse shifted 180 degrees.  I'd like to run my coil on rectified 240
VAC.  The MOSFETs I want to use are 600V, 12A, and are in a T0-3
package.

Thanks to all who responded to my last SSTC post.  Any tips are welcomed
:-)).

Thanks,
Winston K.

PS-I finished my PWM circuit yesterday.  It works perfectly :-)).  I'm
putting the main signal into a pulse differentiator with a variable
resistor (just an RC circuit, really), and feeding its output into a
schmitt trigger.  I made this thing up as I went, so I ran into some
problems.  One big one was controlling two independent signals (the
outputs of a flip-flop) with one control.  I ended up using two
transistors, biased by one variable resistor, as the resistors in the
PWM circuit.  To my surprise, it worked :-)).  As the capacitor charging
curve levels off, the schmitt trigger output goes high for a longer
time, and vice versa.