Re: Electrodes (Re: Tungsten Rod)

Original poster: "Dave Leddon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <leddon1-at-llnl.gov>

Hi Terry,

Actually the rod I was considering is:
http://www.mcmaster-dot-com/param/asp/psearch.asp?FAM=tungsten&FT_128=520&session=tungsten;128=520
which is cheaper than the "high density tungsten carbide rods" at a mere
$24.24 for a 12 inch rod (to get there from the front page search for
"Tungsten Carbide Rods and Balls"). This material is available in diameters
up to one inch which makes me wonder if I shouldn't be considering an even
larger diameter.  Is 1/4 inch rod meaty enough for a power input of 10 KVA
at 120 bps on a 3600 rpm rotor?

Thanks,
Dave