Oscilloscope observations on unpowered TC

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Connecting the oscilloscope probe to the influence ring of my capacitive
transformer TC with no excitation applied and the Y-input set to
0.5volts/div AC, I counted 19 peaks at 2uS/div which gives 950000Hz

and 13 beats at 50uS/div which gives a beat frequency of 26000Hz

Assuming 950000Hz is the Mean frequency

minus the beat frequency this is 924000Hz (the lower frequency ,k)

plus the beat frequency this is 976000Hz (the upper frequency, l)

so the mean number of cycles per beat is 950000/26000 =36.54 cycles per beat

and mean number of cycles to peak voltage is 36.54 cycles.

Are these calculations sound and do they give a meaningful result?