Re: Ed Wingate Tesla Coil Movie

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Terry Blake by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tb3-at-att-dot-net>

 > I think Ed Wingate likes to keep the sparks all in one area.  He puts
 > breakout points kinda toward the chicken-wire covered garage door and kinda
 > toward the direction of the people.  Then ya gets ta see it all.
 >
 > Terry Blake
 > Coiling in Chicago.

<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
 > <marossma-at-oakland.edu>
 >  >
 >  > Nice video.  I noticed you were using a nice little breakout point on the
 >  > side, is your toriod to large to breakout without it or was that just to
 >  > make it easier to tape.
 >  > just curious
 >  > mark

Hi Mark, Terry

The coil will break out easily without the "director", but the sparks
don't always go where I want them to. I almost always use a director
on my large coils. There are a lot of transmission line strikes if I
don't use a director on the magnifier.

Kudos! Great job on the video Terry! I really like it and can't wait
to see what you do with the magnifier footage.

Ed Wingate RATCB