Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:03:39 +0100
From: lisa patucci <lisa_patucci-at-virgilio.it>
To: chip-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: query

dear chip, after taking a look at the tesla web page, I take courage in
hand to ask for help.  I am a translator working in Italy (Vicenza
province) and I am currently doing a translation for a company that makes
transformers/coils.  I am, however, stuck on a technical work that I do
not know in English.

The Italian word is "spalla" and the definition given to me is "the layer
of insulating material that is placed between the end of the winding and
the edge/rim of the coil former which is used to insulate the winding from
the coil former and also render the whole winding surface uniform".

Could you please help me and let me know the term in English that I am
looking for?  (If you do not know, could you please let me know of someone
who could?)

Thank you very much for your help.

LISA PATUCCI
Sandrigo - Vicenza