Re: Demonstration

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Here at mass-art we have a hot shop. If I were going to run my coil in
there I might try to ground my coil on one of the annealing kilns.
Unplugged of course.

The thing I do when I run the coil in the foundry is connect it to one of
the large steel tables. Then run a length of copper wire from it way out
the back door and across the yard to a somewhat ok earth ground. Works like
a champ.
In my experience a LONG cable cord or wire from the coil out to a good
ground still works fine. I seem to remember a conversation about this sort
of thing some time back.
The idea was that the secondary is a great power transmitter. High voltage
at high frequency at goodly power. Shouldn’t be a problem to use a long
line for the ground connection.

You can look into counterpoises too…. That is what the kiln would be I guess.

Read you later
Josh