Re: DIY Plasma globes available

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/6/02 6:25:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Anyone know the specifics about calculating minimum voltage necessary
>to turn a significant amount of noble gas mixture x into plasma?
>If you over heat it to much you burn through the glass outer sphere when
>someone contacts it. On further consideration I guess a plasma ball with an
>unknow gas mixture is a raw deal.

Once i was WAY into making these...Never did make one...But read some stuff
on it...Typical flyback transformer current is enough...Make sure the glass
is decently thick...Id say like 3mA?

Matt