Re: 4-MOT supply---Oh, my, my

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

thats GREAT news!

After I toasted a few NSTs, I searched for inexpensive alternatives power
supplies as well. I did a LOT of experimentation with MOTs trying to get
the voltage up as high as possiable to avoid HUGE tank capacitance. The 4
pack outputs 9.6-11 kV...depending on the make of MOT you are using.
As for output on your TC.... 10ft is pretty easy to get if you allow the
right amount of power into the tank curcuit/ and properly tune the coil.
Personally, at
7-7.5 kVA...I've experienced 12ft output with high BPS ARSG, and tank
capacitance...runs virtually the same as the "Bride of Frankenstein Coil"
in the UK.

I've also designed a 6 pack MOT supply too (output is ~13-14.4 kV). This is
cheap, high power coiling at its best.