Re: M A G N E T W I R E order

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

 > Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

[cut]

 > Hi Folks,
 > Well, even though I got a Christmas bonus I still
 > don't want to waste money OR wire.
 >
 > I need to order magnet wire but am finding that most
 > companies want to sell a 10 lb. spool of 200 deg.
 > wire. I only need 3 lbs..  Does anyone want to go in
 > on an order? I know if I wind my coil I'll have at
 > LEAST 7 lbs. left out of a 10 lb. roll. I only
 > actually need 2.5 lbs. but rounded up.
 >
 > Or, I could get 3 lbs. of 220 deg. wire but that's
 > $47/lb. The 200 deg. wire is $14/lb. but a 10 lb.
 > minimum. So it's cheaper to get a 10 lb. roll of 200
 > than 3 lbs. of 220, but what the heck am I gonna do
 > with all that extra wire?

Are these prices not an error? I've never heard of magnet wire costing that
much. What guage do you actually need? If you happen to need 20 guage and
Essex "H Ultra Shield Plus" inverter grade magnet wire, I can supply this if
I come across an empty spool.

KEN