Re: Faraday Cage

The cage IS the RF ground for the coils, if the coil is running inside the
cage.  In theory(!) the RF will stay inside.

What's the floor of the cage?

I'd just ground the cage to safety ground.

Think carefully about how you're running wires through the cage
wall.  Holes won't make much difference (camera port), as long as no wire
goes through it.  However, the AC power wires can serve as a means for RF
to get out of the cage.  Think about getting/building a good line filter
and installing it in the wall of the cage, with the cage bonded all the way
around the filter.

The ground rods probably aren't really necessary (for the cage), because
the RF current will never get to them (since you aren't going to run a
ground wire out through a hole in the cage), and presumably, your house
wiring will have safety grounding.

On the other hand, the oudoor ground rod will be handy when you want to run
the coil outdoors in the summer.