Re: Forget the Faraday Cage - Ventilate First ! ! ! !

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 22:09 16/12/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>
>
>I would recommend operating your tesla coil
>elsewhere.

Yea, me too! RF is temperamental stuff and you never quite know where it's
going or what it's doing. A chicken-wire Faraday cage, or any EMC equipment
for that matter, isn't guaranteed to work. For example, the Faraday cage
keeps electric fields in (if you dealt with the wires passing in/out of the
cage properly) but the powerful pulsed magnetic field from your TC primary
circuit will go right through it. Unless you can check the electric and
magnetic field levels in the house to make sure you reduced them to a safe
level (to do this you need calibrated measuring equipment plus the proper
training so you know how to use it) you'll be taking a big risk.

Steve C.