Re: Capping secondary coil forms

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Now that you mention it, my 4" x 24" secondary is
uncapped, and contains no HV baffles inside the tube.
It's just plain, open PVC. It has been on the job for
years, routinely producing sparks in the 36" to 60"
range. It seems just as sound now as it was at first
light.

Now that I'm think back on it, I've never had a
secondary fail due to internal arcing. The problems
have always been due to external breakdown--racing
sparks and that sort of thing. Maybe capping and
internal baffles are a waste of time?

Regards,

 >  > terminals? Anyone out there running uncapped
 > coils with outputs that
 >  > vastly exceed the winding length?
 >  >
 >  > Cheers,