Re: measuring EM field

Perhaps not with interferometry (as you note the very long wavelength...)

However, given that long wavelength, you can probably make a static
approximation of the field (except for the "interesting stuff" like spark
growth).

You can measure the field at a bunch of points, and then solve Poisson's
equation for the volume with the boundary condition of your measurements.