Re: why TC Different from others?

In a message dated 12/21/02 12:38:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Josh,

The key is in the tuned circuit.  The TC is tuned to a high frequency
by using a small value of inductance for the primary and a small
value of capacitance for the capacitor (combined they form the tank
circuit).

In an NST circuit, the NST and capacitor form a tuned circuit too,
but the NST has so much inductance it forms a low frequency
tuned circuit with the capacitor of around 60Hz or so depending
on if it's resonant or if it's LTR which would give a still lower
resonant frequency.

So the TC produces high frequency RF simply due to the small tank
component values.

John