Re: Micro Tesla Coil design

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz
 > <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>
 >

 > You could also get a cheap stun gun from ebay. If
 > you do that then your
 > coil could run on batteries and you would only need
 > primary secondary and
 > toroid. the stun guns already have capacitors and
 > spark gaps, I think they
 > run at about 2kv, but not sure.
 >
 >   Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz "
 >
 > Amazing1-dot-com has a very small TC called
 > "mini-mite".....Looks like the size
 > you are after...
 >
 > MAtt

Plastic Supply Co.s, (polyethylene, ect.) sometimes
advertise a leak detector, ~$150.00 for those doing
plastic welding. Electro Technic Products Inc, out of
Chicago advetises this as a high freq generator, model
BD-10A.  It finds a leak in seems by passing  high
voltage along the seam, the arc will seek metal on the
other side of the seam, and will seek any cracks in
the weld by arcing there. It puts out arcs in the 1
inch range, and is certainly a high frequency arcing
device. I will light small florescents by striking to
the end electrodes. Consumes about a third of an amp.
Very small TC item indeed. HDN

=====
Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/

_