From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 9:37 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: why TC Different from others?

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

To all

I am an average guy that got into coiling. I'm fairly intelligent and a
quick learner so coiling wasn't all that hard to pick up once I started. I
was never educated in electronics. So please forgive this question.

A TC primary and secondary form a transformer. The TC transformer produces
RF when it operates. 1. Why don't other transformers with similar winding
ratios produce RF?

The TC transformer is part of a "Tank" circuit. The Capacitor the primary
and secondary "Ring" or oscillate when the capacitor discharges. As I
understand it, the Pri, Sec and Cap oscillate at (RF) very high frequency.
2. Why doesn't a NST or other transformer Ring at RF when it is part of a
tank circuit?   Or perhaps it does. 3. Why do we get 60hz when it rings at
higher frequency?

Basically I want to know why a TC seems to work differently than other
transformers.

Thanks for your thoughts
Read you later
Josh