Re: Micro Tesla Coil design

For the record, there are at least a couple of outfits selling model
airplane engine spark coils.  They are not hard to come by, but a little
dearly priced!  try:

	www.jerry-howell-dot-com/Ignition-dot-com

for the "Modelectric Model E" at $26.00.

	www. gettig-dot-com/coils.html

for  "miniature" coil that costs 41 bucks!

	Back in the 1950's a very good "Aerospark" coil went for about $3.50,
about the same amount as my hourly pay then, so these prices aren't
totally out of line.

	As for what size spark one can get from such a low power source (couple
of watts at best) I won't venture to say.  I get 4" streamers from a
small terminal on the top of a coil powered by an auto ignition coil and
transistor interruptor at about 20 watts input.

Ed