Re: Fw: Aaaaaaa!! My NST is toast! Salvage tips?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve.tami.andrews-at-att-dot-net>

i have trisd several different ways the best i have found is {do this outside
only the fumes are killer}get a heat gun from lowes,homedepot ect heat and
scrape...heat and scrape.everytime i have tried the cold chisel method i
allways end up gouging a winding or a wire breaking off with a chunk of
epoxy..after all that if it can be repaired you will need to put it back in
tar
or oil