Re: Nikola Tesla-The Movie

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/25/02 11:06:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Hi,
>Has anyone seen "The Secret of Nikola Tesla-The Movie"?  If it's good, I'll
>pick it up.  If it stinks, fuhgedaboutit.  BTW, Orson Welles stars as JP
>Morgan.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Richardson

Hi John,
I got a copy of that video. The current version being sold by Borderland
Science and their ilk is "interesting". The body of the tape, the original
film, is not bad. There is about a 10-minute lead-in, prior to the original
film, that is quite strange. Part of it is in Serbo-Croatian, and part of
it involves footage of the "He is not dead, but gone to a Higher Resonance"
California Loonies holding Tesla Worship services. It is not a source of
great scientific information, but it does reflect the times and is a
credible character study of Tesla, Westinghouse, Edison, and Morgan.

Matt D.