Re: MOT Coil operational notes

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Ted,

Having done some work on both MOT supplies and 300 BPS systems I dare
say:

1) There is nothing about a mot that makes it special in terms of
magnetics.

2) You cannot set the electrodes of a 300 BPS SRSG without either a
simulation package, and a scoped primary circuit for fine tuning. Things
get really hysterical with these systems, and their behaviour beats
intuition. At least mine :o)

Am I reading you right, that you have an electrode at -15 deg, top, and
+15 degrees of the incoming voltage waveform? 15 degrees sound awfully
close to me.....0.83 mS

Perhaps you will find it interesting to see the timing that I used on
the Museum coil.

In that setup, the firing af the gaps happens at 2.4mS  6.45mS and
8.85mS

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/setup/setup.htm

I ran a sim of your primary, and came up with these firing points:

0.2mS  5mS and 7.4mS,

Richie has got some info along these lines:

http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/external.html

but it is getting late so I:

hope this helps, Finn Hammer

Tesla list skriver: