Beer Bottles

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi

I was interested to see the post suggesting the use of copper sulphate
in the electrolyte of an SW cap; sounds good - copper is hardly going to
attack copper!

Now for two questions:

Having never seen a US beer bottle - what colour are they?  I have an
enviable ( although not by my wife ;-) ) collection of long-neck West
End Draught bottles (a South Australian brewery) which I was going to
use for a cap or two; they are brown.  I have read comments against
using green glass, so is brown OK or do I need clear?

Next question, and I know that it's a "how long is a piece of string"
due to dielectric constants and the like, but what is the maximum
(sensible) voltage on which a beer bottle could operate (without
stringing in series).

Sorry - that should have been three questions: from whence come the
buckets that are employed in the Geek bucket caps?  I've never seen a
bucket in a shop which a) has parallel sides and b) has a lid.  Are
these buckets in which some product is supplied?

Cheers

Matthew Smith