Re: Beer Bottles

>Having never seen a US beer bottle - what colour are they?

Brown, clear, green and blue. The Group uses Clear, longneck Corona brand
bottles.

I have an
>enviable ( although not by my wife ;-) ) collection of long-neck West
>End Draught bottles (a South Australian brewery) which I was going to
>use for a cap or two; they are brown.  I have read comments against
>using green glass, so is brown OK or do I need clear?

It varies wildly, try it and see :)

>Next question, and I know that it's a "how long is a piece of string"
>due to dielectric constants and the like, but what is the maximum
>(sensible) voltage on which a beer bottle could operate (without
>stringing in series).

80kV is not impossible.

>Sorry - that should have been three questions: from whence come the
>buckets that are employed in the Geek bucket caps?

Donated :) I dont' even remember where, lol

I've never seen a
>bucket in a shop which a) has parallel sides and b) has a lid.  Are
>these buckets in which some product is supplied?

Yup, a. They don't, and b. are rather common, check in the food service
industry (hint-pickles). :)

Paint would be a good place to check into, as well as Chlorine pellets. they
all come in similar buckets.

>Cheers
>
>Matthew Smith

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1