Re: SSTC and the Current Drive Ring (IDR) Concept Postscript

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Bart

Thanks for kind thoughts.  I work as an R&D EE and have asked colleagues
(PhD physics, EE) about this basic concept, we can't blow a hole in basic
theory.  Only unknown is actual interaction of IDR flux field with resonator.

However, if the voltage induced in a coil of wire is a function of L
d(phi)/d(t);
that is voltage is a function of coil inductance (number of resonator turns
cut by magnetic flux) times rate of change of magnetic flux with time, and
you are boosting the current in a typical TC tank circuit by a minimum of
10X, that would suggest the base voltage would likewise be increased by
a factor of 10X...

Sheet metal shop should have IDR #1 ready for me tomorrow.  18" OD x
4.825" ID x 1/8" thk.  Cost,  nada ($0.00) since shop is somewhat captive
to our company, and we have a really big presence in town...   :^D
I 've got about 50 feet of 1/4" copper tubing, need to buy another 50 feet.
We have a hamfest locally this weekend I'm going to, hope to have new IDR
drive assembly built and ready to test within a week...

Primaries are shallow pancakes (about 15 degee included angle) along center
line
of IDR. 14-15T.  With minimum spacing, k~0.66; L will be reduced to
about 40-50% reduction from maximum spacing (as coils are adjusted closer
to IDR, inductance is cancelled and tank Fo rises to  that of resonator with
top load.  Trying to keep an even head about this, but really getting excited
about potential (no pun...REALLY!!! :^) ).  The high voltage capability of the
new primary geometry is way out there.  About 3 totally new ideas being
applied to SGTC at one time, limit on new product introductions is generally
5 "improvements".  I quit....

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>