Re: (Fwd) RE: Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/12/02 5:14:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> .  In a few weeks I'll post
> > the methods for working with longitudinal waves, that I have found.
>
> I'm sure that winding a flat spiral can't be all that difficult, even
> with rather fine wire ;) I'll sit back and listen to what other list
> members have to say for awhile before deciding whether it will be
> worth the effort.
>      Good luck with the patent application.
>
> Regards,
> Malcolm

Hi All,
         For a new or revised theory to have value, it must:
1. Answer a question that the existing theory does not.
2. Make accurate predictions where the existing theory does not.
3. Be in agreement with the predictions of existing theory in those areas where
existing theory is known to work. (e.g. for slow-moving objects of reasonable
size in a restricted reference frame, Special Relativity and Quantum theory are
in agreement with Newtonian mechanics.)

So far, longitudinal wave theory is 0 for 3.

Matt D.
G3-1085