RE: Longitudinal Waves

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Steve,

>Did you squirt that hot glue out of the gun, or melt it all and pour it?

I squirted it out of a gun.

>Does it have bubbles in it?

It has no bubbles in it.

>How did you determine that it will withstand a half million volts?

Plexiglas is rated at 900 volts per mil.  At 1/4" Plexiglas this would give
about 225,000 volt rating.  The hot glue is roughly the same thickness, so
as a round number I guessed around 500,000 volts.  I realize it could be as
low as 300,000 volts.  I wasn't looking for exact numbers, just a good
ballpark.

>Why do you keep saying "electrostatic" when by definition (I thought) it
means static charge?

Because it behaves like a static charge.

>Why do you refer to the electrode of an AC resonant device as "positively
charged"?

Because on a spiral coil there appears to be two poles, a positive pole and
a negative pole.  The negative pole is under the coil, the positive pole is
on the top of the coil.  A flat spiral coil does not behave like a solenoid
coil.  It appears to split the charges of the AC current.  I'm going to test
this idea the next time I run the coil.

>What makes you think that the three windings are somehow magically
manifesting 3 different phases

You made an error in assumption.  I don't think the coil is working in three
phase under the current circumstances.  I designed this coil to work with 3
phase current from an alternator, which I am also working on.  In this case,
I was running the trifilar wye coil in single phase mode.  I have found that
it does behave different than a single wound flat spiral secondary.  I'm
doing more research into this, too.

>Why would connecting the ground sides of each wire 1/3 of a turn, only a
few percent of the total turns, magically change the current/voltage on each
winding into 3 phase, when both ends of each winding are connected to the
same points, and within the same exciting field?

I don't believe there is any three phase action in the coil.  But it is
noteworthy that the three wire inductances are slightly different from each
other.

>You never did offer proof that a supernova's physical structure has
anything to do with the circular propogation of the "perfect" radiation.
Saying "Nasa says so" isn't proof.

I don't have any proof to offer about supernovas.  I merely pointed out the
similarities in structure.  This is to be taken as a clue and not as a
conclusion.  The conclusion won't be based on supernova structure, it will
be based on practical results obtained from experiments and accurate models.

I'm still in the theory development stage.  I'm presenting the theory
because it is good to get feedback to help develop it.  Your thoughts and
questions are most welcome.

Dave