Pulse Air Idea

Original poster: "Cory Roussel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <imcuddlycory-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all,

I have an idea, perhaps we could quench a gap at a
certain set frequency by connecting a high quality,
well lubricated solenoid to a small plate, and using
it to blast air at a certain SET rate, quenching the
spark gap at whatever BPS rate you wanted....  Using
an insulated solenoid of course, fed by perhaps a
medium sized cap, with a 555 turning on some sort of
solid state switching device that caused the cap to
discharge into the solenoid, pushing the shaft,
causing the plate to heave forward, causing a rush of
air to quench a spark instantaneously.... this could
all be done very very fast- and very predetermined....
 diagram:
SOLENOID ----| -> air   |   <gap (and spark)

perhaps this would work better encased...  this is
just an idea i had a couple weeks ago but am unsure if
it made it to the list or not due to errors ect...
just wondering,

Cory Roussel

_