flat coil construction

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Terry,

I may well miss the point here, but I know how to measure Fo of a flat
coil
and I can explain it to someone else. I can even measure Fo for a
slinky.  :)
I don't know hot to make
a flat secondary coil.  :(

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman

I'll make you a deal Ralph, I'll give an idea on how to make a flat coil
and you tell how to measure it?
I'm thinking about cutting a plexi disk about 24" diameter, then routing
ten 1\2" grooves radiating from the center out. I'll use a thin spacer
to hold this from a base board, then i'll try spinning a coil onto it?
Might need some reinforcing disks to hold the plexi sheets rigid? After
the coil is wound I'll use glue or epoxy to run down the grooves to hold
the windings, should work. I'll know in a few days for sure.
  All This out of proportion bickering has led me to the need to try,
maybe run a full battery of testing on this strange coil?
  Any and all opinions on "how to test" will be greatly appreciated.
Take care,
Marc