Re: Flat Coils

How about the magnet wire that has thermoplastic insulation, used just for
this kind of reason (the windings stick to each other).  Wind the coil
between two large (stiff) metal plates, heat to the necessary temperature,
etc.  There is also wire made with a uncured thermoset insulation.  You
wind the coil, then heat to set the plastic.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>