Sine Waves

> Now when I see a perfect sine wave floating across the screen, and I know
> due to the laws of nature that there must be resistance in the circuit, I
> should be seeing a slight bump somewhere in the sine wave.

	Why?
	I fail to see why resistance should cause a bump.

	(is something else, say a synchronous switch of any sort, were
	adding energy synchronously, a bump might be seen.

	If an asynchronous switch of any sort were doing so, the
	'bump' would 'wander around' from cycle to cycle and be
	invisible, unless single sweep/storage/digitizing scope
	were used....)

> But I don't see it.  Was it smoothed out by the oscilloscope?

	Not if the 'scope is any good.