Re: Dimensions of my flat spiral coil

Hi Ben,

On 18 Feb 2002, at 7:18, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> I thought inductance in parallel added like resistors in
> parallel? Or am I thinking of inductive reactance? Hrm..

That depends on whether the paralleled inductances are magnetically
coupled to each other or not (to take the two extremes). If they are
tightly coupled, they behave as a single inductance made with
paralleled conductors. If they are not coupled, they behave as
separate inductances connected in parallel.

Regards,
Malcolm
<snip>