Re: Saturating LTR coil! - demonstrated!! - RE: ~Variac question

Tesla list wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>
> PFC caps do not affect the primary circuit or the component values in any
way.
> The NST still see the same voltage and current as before.  Only the AC line
> side stuff looks like it is using less current.

	Would add "AND THE LOADED INPUT IMPEDANCE OF THE TRANSFORMER HAS AN
INDUCTIVE COMPONENT".  My calculations (no experimental evidence) sugget
that under some conditions operation with near-resonant secondary
capacitance could result in the input being capacitive, in which adding
capacitance in parallel with the primary could actually increase the
line current.  I've always found that adding primary capacitance will
reduce the no-load input current, and probably the input current with
the secondary shorted, but has a much smaller effect on the current when
the TC primary is sparking.

> Cheers,
>
>         Terry

Ed