mobile xray machines ?

Original poster: "Shaun Epp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <scepp-at-mts-dot-net>

Hello Group,

Its been a while since I've posted and been hard to keep up with all the
posts too, but

I have access to 4 old xray machines, 3 mobile units ( has wheels to move
about in a hospital) , 2 made by phillips, 1 made by picker and a movable c
arm xray machine also made by picker.  They're from 1978, 1979 and one newer
phillips unit from 1984.  Basically if I want one or want it put into
storage somewhere, the company is willing to store them for me,  Kinda cool
eh.  I need to find out if it worth while taking them apart?   I've taken an
old GE one apart before - it was worth it.  I also need to know if  there's
PCB's inside them -- phillips says its very unlikely but I should get a
sample tested,  picker says they all have PCB's but this could be a CYA
tactic for liability.  Does anyone have experience with these makes of
beasts?

Oh another cool item is a diathermy machine,  They basically generate
several hundred watts of RF at 27.12 Mhz  filter it and tone in down a
little, then pass it through your body to create internal heating.  I was
thinking, what about a 27Mhz tube tesla coil, direct coupled or something
like that.  If not - they do have a 6Kv transformer inside of them, diodes
and capacitors.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Shaun Epp