Re: Useless questions

> Would there be some statistics of the doppler that might be of use?  The
> trick is going to be in measuring dopplers in the few Hertz range, but on a
> time scale of less than a microsecond... quite the detection challenge...

	Remember that the time resolution is inversely proportional to the
sampling time.  "Conventional" doppler radars use a coherent waveform
(phase repeats exactly from pulse to pulse of the radar) and thus can
filter the received signals for as long as they are present. I've worked
with bandwidths as low as 25 Hz (radar PRF was around 200 kHz in that
particular system) but Synthetic Aperture Radars sometimes sum up
signals over a period of 3 minutes (1/180th cycle bandwidth!) or even
longer.  The whole secret is the coherence.

	In the case of the discharge from the top terminal of the TC there is
no coherence in the echoing centers (they won't be at the same range
from one TC pulse to the next) so I can't see how doppler filtering
could be accomplished.  (Doesn't necessarily mean someone else can't do
it, but I sure don't know how.)

Ed