From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 10:26 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Interference-SSTC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

Ok, i have something to ask that may sound stupid(still taking engineering
in
highschool)

I am getting shocked bad with the Al enclosure grounded to house ground.I
have the 3rd prongs wire connected to the Al box that houses the PSU and 555
circuit.The Al heatsink and MOSFET are outside.

I am getting a reading of 122volts AC from enclosure to heatsink and the
power is off!I am using a variac for in power.How can i get shocked?I
touched
the Al enclose and the heatsink just accidentally and ERRRRRRRRRRRRR!Felt
real funny after the shock.

Otherwise, good output again and the MOSFET is staying pretty cool.

Matt