Different MASS MOT's.

Original poster: "Jim McPherson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kingjamez80-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I've been collecting MOT's for use in a new coil I'm building. Taking
Greg's advice I've been looking for Sharp Carosel II microwaves. I finally
found one however when I take it apart the MOT inside is MUCH lighter and
less bulky than the other MOT's I have so far. My question is: Does the
mass of the transformer have anything to do with performance? I've found
another transformer that puts out a nearly identical voltage that I'd like
to pair with the carosel transformer, but it weighs about double...anything
wrong with putting these 2 in series? What should I be looking for in a
"good" MOT?