Re: Function Generator Output Impedance

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 07:19 AM 27/02/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

>Hi All,
>
>Question:
>While looking for low output impedance generators, I keep running across
>50 ohms which appears to be typical.  Are there lower output impedance
>generators?  Are there methods to reduce a typical 50 ohm output
>impedance generator down to near zero ohms?
>
>Thanks,
>Bart

Hi Bart, Coilers,

Impedence transformation is relatively simple and is used by hams all
the time to properly match their radio's 50 ohm output impedence to a
lower value particularly in regard to H.F. mobile antennas.  Granted,
our frequencies are conciderably lower than those that hams use, but
the same theories would apply.  I have one which matches the 50 ohm
output of my rig to my antenna's 12 ohm impedence and it fits in the
palm of my hand.

There's an excellent book written by Jerry Sevick, W2FMI, about how to
construct balun and unun matching transformers.  It was published in
1994 by CQ Commumications Inc., Hicksville, N.Y.  The ISBN number is:

0-943016-09-6

You might also want to check the ARRL Handbook or Antenna book for an
addition source of information.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+