RE: question

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

>I think the primary is acting as one plate of a capacitor, while the other
plate is the ground. The primary is vibrating due to electromagnetic forces
between turns and between the turns and ground.

Thanks for your insight, Godfrey.  Yes, the coil must be acting as one side
of a capacitor to ground.  Fluxuations in the ground current create
fluxuations in the coil which cut across the secondary windings.  Do you
think the potential transformer is acting like a charge amplifier?

>Can you describe that 50,000 volt potential transformer?

This is a Westinghouse model 1023084C potential transformer.  There are two
wires AC-in, and two wires DC-out.  The DC output is two large ceramic
standoffs, one labeled positive and the other labeled negative.

David Thomson
dave-at-volantis-dot-org <mailto:dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Peter

I think the primary is acting as one plate of a capacitor, while the other
plate is the ground. The primary is vibrating due to electromagnetic forces
between turns and between the turns and ground.

Can you describe that 50,000 volt potential transformer?

Godfrey Loudner