Re: Stroke of brilliance?

How to draw????   Draw a bridge rectifier, Place a SCR across the dc points.
put a 5K resistor between the gate and cathode of the SCR  and a photo cell
between the gate and the anode. Glue a LED to the photo cell. Now place the
bridge ac terminals in series with a AC line . when you power the LED the
SCR is ON shorting the bridge closing the switch. When the LED is off the
SCR is off, the bridge is open, No current flow , the switch is off. NOTE:
I did not say use an opto isolator chip. The chips will not take the high
voltage. For real high voltage I use a clear plastic rod between the
photocell and the LED to pass the light. I then coat every thing with a coat
of blue then red paint to block light. Black paint contains carbon.
   Robert  H