Re: Information for the future

Original poster: "Mark Fergerson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mfergerson1-at-home-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

> i've been on this list for over a year now. wonderous amounts of great
> information has passed by my eyes in both the emails and the list
> archives. however, i was wondering what might become of this if its not
> being recorded. is anyone keeping a written journal of current tesla
> thoery and new founded ideas and techniques discovered in our present
> times? while its good to have the pupman email archive and the like, what
> about a published book relating to discovered ideas, schematics and such
> for people that dont have net access, or wouldnt know where to find the
> list. or for those who ask age old questions discussed long ago. i thought
> that information like how to  couple variacs for voltage and current was
> very interesting and might have been very useful to people in the furture.
> or the solid state tesla designs which im just now starting to understand
> with the help of my EE friends.

  I'm keeping interesting (to me) posts in my "saved" folder, and the better
stuff gets converted to .txt files (and .gifs) on my home HD. I'm certain
others
are doing this as well, so worst case everything could be reconstructed. But a
handbook would be a great thing, even if it's a continuous work in progress. So
do we as a group go to a "vanity publishing house" and get a volume apiece
printed, or do we go on as we are? I'd love to have a hardbound copy of what's
been posted here as well, but at "vanity house" prices I don't think I could
afford it.

> if not in some sort of printable fashion, this information may be wasted
> instead of ending up in a more useful area such as a library for public
> reference. its just a thought, but i thought it might be useful to make a
> hobbiest sort of book

  If nothing else, people "lost" in their public libraries might find it and
increase our ranks...

> ps-completely off subject, im practicing witchcraft so i can conjure up
> storms and blow a few pigs off the pole.

  So "when pigs fly", we'll know who's fault it is, eh? ;>)

  Mark L. Fergerson