Re: electrocution experiences

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/1/02 8:48:42 PM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I started to reconnect when all of the sudden it felt like someone
> was cramming a howitzer up each arm and set both off at my heart. I
> could feel the adrenaline working against what felt like my heart
> fluttering! i really thought a trip to he hospital or instant heart
> attack was coming soon? The pain in my arms and chest was almost
> unbearable for a good five minutes, but the "fear factor" of a heart
> attack made me mostly ignore this until the heart flutters stopped five
> or so minutes later
> This was before i found this list, I had never heard of a discharge
> resistor and was too tired to remember to discharge the 25nf bucket caps
> i had built, charged too 21kv it was nasty!

Marc, all,

I think this experience takes the cake on coming the closest
to a true electrocution (as in dead!) of all the electrocution ex-
periences that have so far hit this thread. Thank God you weren't
killed, Marc! I am so glad that you survived your near death
experience to continue coiling and share your vast knowledge
and experience with the rest of us. It's hard for me to imagine
this list w/out the contributions of Marc Metlicka. And I hope
the rest of us will let this be a lesson to the dangers of care-
lessness in this hobby!

Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben