MOT supply

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

I'm planning to build a TC with a 6" by 30" secondary wound with 22 awg wire. I
was originally planning on using to MOT's in series ballasted by another MOT
for around 1800VA at 4285v after a little voltage increase with a variac. My
first problem is getting a meter to check how much power it is, then I was
planning on using a pretty large cap size with an async rotary or a somewhat
larger size of .75uf to be used with a sync triggered gap. I thought that these
cap sizes might make tuning difficult. Would I be better off using a microwave
oven style voltage doubler so I would have a smaller cap size, then not
worrying about the exact power input, and going with the async rotary? I was
wondering how much the wattage is increased after the doubling and does it
double the voltage or increase it by more?

Mark