SRSG discs

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All!

        Well, it's winter, and that means it's too cold for my tastes
outside.  The garage is bearable, sorta.  Anywho!

My small coil is coming together nicely, but performance with a static gap
was crap.  I turned up a tiny AC motor suitable for sync modification, and
am going to give that a try.  The motor, disc, and electrodes are smaller
than the components for a STSG, which is why I'm planning on an SRSG
instead.

 Anywho!  For a disc I'm planning on using double-sided copper clad board,
and etching it so that only 2 rings remain on it.  It will be drilled for 4
electrodes (120bps).  I can mask the board while it's on the cutting jig,
this will give me a near perfect circle.  The electrodes will be very light,
8x32 brass machine bolts, protruding from the front of the disc only.  The
mounting flange for the motor prevents useage on the backside of the disc.
Input power will be only a few hundred watts, a 9/30, 12/30, maybe 9/60 if I
can get one.  I can't foresee any trouble of the rings standing up to the
tank circuit current.

   Has anybody else used this method to make an RSG disc?  I'm interested to
hear of problems/failures/successes.

Thanks!

Shad