voltage doudlers for sstc?

Original poster: "James B by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <zebulan123-at-yahoo-dot-com>

can I put a voltage doubler on the output of my
isolation transformer to power my sstc? All the info
I've seen on the web has a half bridge rectifier, why
not a full bridge and a doubler cap?
 Also can one use gas arresters across the fets in
Parr elle with the freewheel diodes? they have
excellent surge capability and only 1pf of cap.

               James