RE: Ball lightning ?

But...  but...  Jim.

If you don't use a "Tesla coil" to make ball lightning, "why" bother?  :-))

Of course, Ball lightning is "only" an excuse for playing with Tesla coils.
:o))

If I do get a ball lightning machine spewing fire balls all over my front
lawn, I'll have to be like a slimy politician and change every question
asked of me back over to Tesla coils.  I'll totally disregarding the minor
fire ball thing and tell only of the cool Tesla coil making them instead!!
Sort of like being a moderator :o)))

Cheers,

	Terry

At 10:19 PM 1/4/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Terry:
>
>Not that your 2.5KW power supply wouldn't be a really cool thing to play
>with, but do we know that high frequencies or high voltages with respect to
>ground are actually necessary for the creation of ball lightning, if the
>underlying principal is burning of atmospheric gasses?  What I'm getting at
>is, if one just wants to superheat some atmospheric plasma, it would seem
>that a pig-powered Jacobs ladder could do that.
>
>Regards, Gary Lau
>MA, USA
>
>Original poster: "Terry Fritz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><terry-at-hot-streamer-dot-com>
>
>I am trying to make these too.  I only have 900W right now but I have a
>2500W 400kHz supply at work that should run off my home voltages.  This
>looks too cool not to play with :-))
>

>>Sadly, I don't think they represent anything exciting like ball
>>lightning. I had a guy email me about this last year. He said that the
snip...