Re: Single vs Two Phase (was - Spark gap erosion resistance)

> Last time I heard, Tesla *invented* the polyphase AC system, therefore I
> doubt it would have been *before* his time ;)
>
> duck
>
> Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
> President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
> The Geek Group
> www.thegeekgroup-dot-org
> Because the Geek shall inherit the Earth!

	Not quite true.  Tesla made polyphase AC PRACTICAL, most particularly
with his invention of induction motors, but there WAS earlier work.
Somewhere I have a pre-1900 electrical engineering textbook which
mentions some of the earlier work, including two-phase transformer
combinations.  It's buried in about 60 cubic feet of books stored in the
attic of the garage, but if I have the ambition to dig it out I'll share
the reference.

Ed