Re: RSGs

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Howdy!

I got great performance from my 11k rpm grinder. The 8" diameter
rotor (zero cost!) was made from 3/4" furniture-grade plywood. I used
3/16" tungsten electrodes and the rotor trued up with one well-placed
drywall screw. It ran great until the pinion gear sheared off a few
teeth and dead locked the rotor. ( $12.00 chinese model) Well, I
should say the shaft deadlocked. The rotor became a great model of
kinetic energy as it shot across the room (through the safety shield,
too)!

Happy day,
Gregory