Re: Measurements

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

The diameter. Most coilers stick to a particular ratio
of length to diameter, so they assume if they tell you
the diameter, you'll be able to guess the length
fairly closely.

It is probably a better way of describing it than
length- otherwise, is that winding length, length
including the topload, or overall height of the entire
thing including the base?

BTW, I have a short list of Tesla coil websites on the
Mad Scientist's bookmark page, along with a bunch of
other stuff like Theremins, Vortex tubes,
electrostatic speakers, and a link to a website that
shows how to make a flame tweeter using a very small
tube Tesla Coil to generate a plasma "flame".

http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/mad_scientist/links

Steve Greenfield