Re: Wine bottle replacement

Original poster: "J Whyte by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <xoom321-at-hotmail-dot-com>

don't be fooled, a cheep multimeter isn't going to measure your cap
accuratly at all.
I have a military grade 10 nF cap, and I used a cheap multimeter to get an
"accurate" uF count. The cheap multimeter couldn't read the cap!! You need
EXPENSIVE, or hard to come by equipment to get an accurate uF rating!

A glass bottle cap could easily equal 500 pF or more.....