Re: Big Spark Induction Coil

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> An induction coil, besides being a classical form of
> power supply
> for a Tesla coil, is mathematically very similar to
> a Tesla coil.
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

One of the things I dont see mentioned often is the
possibility of having a capacitive filter that is
correct or resonant on the application of DC to a
large inductor, and noting the change of induction
arcs made by this procedure. For 60 hz rectified DC,
that merely becomes the C value for L of the inductor
for 120 hz resonance. Using this procedure for a 60
henry coil yeilded good results evidenced by the
production of laser like induction arcs, made by
breaking the circuit with a gap. At one point in time
a "singing arc" was made which was the most incredible
experience I can recall. The sound did not seem
localized. This did not seem to be reproducible as too
many variables including 4 coils vs magnetic rotor
were present. HDN

=====
Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/