RE: Single vs Two Phase/Scope Measurement

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry
> Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>
>

> DWP -
>
> You cannot "throw a scope on the delta". An
> electrical three phase delta
> connection cannot be made to a scope because the
> reference neutral is needed
> which makes the three phase connection a Y
> connection.
This sounds somewhat obtuse. I have scoped out two of
three phases from an alternator to see the variation
from a pure sinusoidal. Given three outputs, and 4
probe connections,(two for each channel), the only
seeming problem then becomes allowing identical dual
connection for two phases, from one of the three
available outputs. I do not see why the same procedure
could not be done for commercial 3 phase. I do not
understand what you mean by reference neutral. Are you
somehow implying that the measurement itself changes a
delta into Wye? HDN
The three phase delta
> connection is used mostly for motors and
> transformers.
>
> John Couture

=====
Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/

_